Upon the exhibition LEON 120 years,
and the international museum day
we politely invite you to join us on a guided tour and exhibition of a Sokol’s first outdoor sports workout area and training ground,
an event titled:
OB POTOKU ŠAJSER DO PRVEGA LETNEGA TELOVADIŠČA LEONA ŠTUKLJA
(Beside the Šajser creak to a first open sports training ground of Leon Štukelj),
which will happen on SATURDAY, 18 of May, at 9 am.
– Meeting point at castle Graben at 9 am
– Hike to a location of St. Anns church
– Getting acquainted with a possible location of castle Zaboršt
– Sightseeing of an open sports training ground for Novo mesto’s Sokol organization, where Leon Štukel exercised (On the location of the training ground, Mrs. Vesna Dolinar, the author of Sokoli training exercise, which is the part of the following program of exhibit Leon 120 years, will have a surprise for us).
– Sightseeing of a spring Trščak, where townspeople of Novo mesto had their picnics
– Return hike to a meeting point at castle Graben
Easy paced guided hike, with intermediate stops and explanation of sights will last approximately two hours and is mostly in the woods all along the Šajser creak. It is very important to have appropriate footwear. The meeting point is at the parking lot in front of the castle Graben. In the event of rain, the event will be canceled. Participation on this guided tour is at one’s own risk.